Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Getting to Cork

Our trip to Cork couldn't have gone more smoothly.  Alison and I had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings in the JFK terminal while waiting for our flight.  Once on the plane, a very friendly Irish passenger offered to switch seats so that Alison and I could sit together. We landed in Dublin with enough time to have our first Irish breakfast before boarding a coach bus for Cork.  The bus ride took about 4 hours but I was only awake for 2 of them.  I fell asleep just outside of Dublin and woke up in the beautiful countryside of Ireland.  I've never seen so much green before.  The bus dropped us off in the Cork City Center where we found a cab to take us to our apartments.   After getting settled in my apartment I went to bed at 7 and woke up 12 hours later to get ready for orientation.  I met some pretty awesome people from France, Italy, Finland, and the U.S. at orientation.  Friday night, the university clubs held a pizza party to welcome the visiting students to UCC. Their idea of a pizza party was to bring us all to pubs and to then bring us free pizza. It was a very fun night and I had my first official pint of Guinness in an Irish pub.














 

1 comment:

  1. so extremely jealous...even of your little shower haha. the landscape is beautiful, I can't wait to see more pictures of it all!!!

    ReplyDelete